Patient Safety Cloud: Powered by Pascal’s Patient Real-time Interoperable Metrics Engine (PRIME)
Pascal’s patient safety cloud is powered by our Patient Real-time Interoperable Metrics Engine (PRIME), our real-time analytics infrastructure that also serves as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS). Almost a decade ago — before health IT conventional wisdom changed to agree — Pascal built out an event-driven architecture with the capability of real-time stream processing.
Pascal designed, developed, and deployed our PRIME technology well before the health industry was moving from on-premise software to the cloud. Therefore, Pascal’s patient safety cloud benefits from over a decade of maturation. All of our application and expert services benefit from this robust world-class real-time technology infrastructure.
Many companies in the industry, unlike Pascal, were forced to build advanced infrastructure such as this and retrofit stream processing as an afterthought, concluding as they developed their applications that such technology would be needed. However, from the outset, Pascal envisioned this need and, therefore, designed, developed, and deployed this purpose-built real-time patient safety and quality cloud capable of stream processing — ensuring a clean, robust integration with all of our application services.
Our PRIME-powered Patient Safety Cloud has three functions:
- Enabling Pascal application services;
- Enabling client and third-party application services; and
- Enabling Pascal expert services.
Key assets and capabilities include:
- Data. By using Pascal services, client patient safety and quality improvement programs can take advantage of both “Big Data” and “Small Data,” the latter of which consisting of the world’s largest known AE Outcomes data set.
- Real-time Library. While there is increasing recognition and practice of automating adverse event triggers analytics, Pascal was the first to pioneer not only an advanced library of EHR triggers and other analytics but also the capability of firing triggers on real-time streaming data and doing so at enteprise-grade and community-wide scale.
- Third-party Services. Based on the data and real-time analytic capabilities available through PRIME, Pascal clients are now taking advantage of using PRIME-hosted patient safety cloud as a platform-as-a-service, enabling other client applications to benefit from PRIME capabilities.
To discuss how PRIME might work for you, please contact us for more information.
Subscribe to our blog
Be the first to know when new content is posted.
We respect your privacy.