Currently Seeking: Software Engineer
About Pascal Metrics
Pascal Metrics is using advanced real-time data analytics to improve healthcare. The company’s roots in research, academia, and clinical medicine are infused in our culture. We favor data-driven approaches that are rooted in science. We value intellectual inquiry that results in practical application. At Pascal Metrics, we build patient safety and risk management solutions for some of the most prestigious healthcare systems in the world with the potential for improving the care for billions of people, and that’s what drives us to work hard and achieve success each day.
Pascal Metrics has a flexible approach to telecommuting. When onsite at our Georgetown headquarters, team members can take a break and enjoy a walk along the Waterfront or indulge in the many great restaurants Georgetown has to offer. We urge you to learn more about what makes Pascal Metrics one of the most rewarding places to work in DC.
About the Job
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Georgetown, Washington DC. You have the opportunity to help build a SaaS platform for monitoring and improving patient safety in hospitals.
If you love to crank out code for fun, commit to open source projects in your spare time, or can otherwise demonstrate a passion for cutting-edge software development, we’d love to hear from you.
- You are a self-motivated, prolific software developer that is able to work effectively in a small team.
- You have 4+ years of software development experience across the full stack.
- You have extensive experience with building Java web-applications using open source frameworks and libraries.
- You possess a solid understanding of practical software design and development.
- You are biased towards action but understand when it’s time to pause and reflect.
- You take pride and interest in your craft beyond the day job.
- You enjoy learning and being challenged everyday.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with Play Framework, Dropwizard, MongoDB, Hibernate, and/or Spring Framework.
- You have built and operated robust, scalable distributed systems, preferably on AWS.
- You have an appreciation for scrum and similar agile development methodologies.
- You are capable of building beautiful user interfaces.
- You have exposure to principles of risk management and quantitative analysis.
In 1 month, you'll
- Get familiar with our technology stack
- Gain an understanding of how we build software
- Have code you wrote released to production
In 3 months, you'll
- Acquire a deeper familiarity with our stack and operational footprint
- Design, implement, and release new features to our platform/product
- Meaningfully contributed to code reviews and test coverage
In 6 months, you'll
- Improve developer tooling that increases developer happiness
- Provide operational support for production issues
- Design and implement a major component to our platform
In 12 Months, you'll
- Have completed launching major product initiatives
- Improve existing systems to be more robust and secure
- Improve performance of our systems in a material way
We offer competitive salaries, flexible work hours, excellent benefits, and daily engaging challenges.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, nondisqualifying disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation/nonaffilition, genetic information, marital status, or parental status.