Currently Seeking: QA Engineer
About Pascal Metrics
Pascal Metrics is using advanced real-time data analytics to improve healthcare. The company’s roots in research, academia, and clinical medicine are infused in our culture. We favor data-driven approaches that are rooted in science. We value intellectual inquiry that results in practical application. At Pascal Metrics, we build patient safety and risk management solutions for some of the most prestigious healthcare systems in the world with the potential for improving the care for billions of people, and that’s what drives us to work hard and achieve success each day.
Pascal Metrics has a flexible approach to telecommuting. When onsite at our Georgetown headquarters, team members can take a break and enjoy a walk along the Waterfront or indulge in the many great restaurants Georgetown has to offer. We urge you to learn more about what makes Pascal Metrics one of the most rewarding places to work in DC.
About the Job
We are looking for a QA engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Georgetown, Washington DC. You have the opportunity to help build a SaaS platform for monitoring and improving patient safety in hospitals.
If you love to find bugs in software, have a knack for reproducing the unreproducible, enjoy automated testing, or can otherwise demonstrate a passion for delivering quality software products we’d love to hear from you.
- You are a self-motivated QA engineer that is able to work effectively in a small team.
- You have 2+ years of work experience of applying practical QA methodologies, process, and tools.
- You are able to design, document, and execute test plans.
- You have experience with testing web-based applications.
- You believe quality assurance and testing is not a single step but a continuous function throughout the software development lifecycle.
- You are able to lead the QA process from design and requirements to production deployment.
- You are pragmatic about trade-offs between zero-defects builds and shipping software.
- You take pride and interest in your craft beyond the day job.
- You enjoy collaborating with UX, Product, and other Engineers on a daily work.
- You enjoy learning and being challenged every day.
Bonus points if:
- You have worked testing SaaS platforms and web services.
- You have extensive experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, Jenkins, JUnit).
- You have experience with Jira or similar issue tracking system.
- You have coded in Java, Ruby, Python or other programming language to support testing efforts (We build in Java but are always looking to use the best tools for the job).
- You have an appreciation for scrum and similar agile development methodologies.
- You are familiar with performance testing in distributed environments.
In 1 month, you'll
- Get familiar with our technology stack
- Gain an understanding of how we build and test software
- Collaborate with product managers, UX, healthcare professionals, and other subject matter experts
- Have software you tested released to production successfully
In 3 months, you'll
- Acquire a deeper familiarity with our stack and operational footprint
- Design and execute new test plans to our platform/product based
- Meaningfully contributed to code reviews and test coverage
In 6 months, you'll
- Track and report on quality metrics and improvements
- Provide operational/testing support for production issues
- Implement automated tests for a major component of our platform
In 12 Months, you'll
- Become a subject matter expert on how various product features work through the perspective of end users
- Identify performance or usability issues prior to release
- Reduce the execution time for our automated test suites
We offer competitive salaries, flexible work hours, excellent benefits, and daily engaging challenges.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, nondisqualifying disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation/nonaffilition, genetic information, marital status, or parental status.