Pascal is a leader in measuring and improving patient safety and quality in healthcare, with expertise and systems uniquely capable of meeting the challenges and opportunities of emerging health IT for the healthcare delivery environment. Together with our healthcare system client partners, it is our privilege to serve clinical teams who reduce and manage clinical risk for millions of patients per year.
Our culture is one of innovation and, while grounded by evidence-based medicine and sound epidemiology, are able to ask “Why?” and “Why not?” It is this pioneering spirit that has resulted in many “firsts” for Pascal Metrics, including but not limited to:
- 1st to measure safety culture at scale using an advanced software-as-a-service platform
- 1st to provide safety culture benchmarking analytics at the unit-level to support clinically effective intervention
- 1st to automate all-cause harm detection (starting with the Global Trigger Tool) on an advanced enterprise-grade technology platform
- 1st to generate clinically confirmed EHR safety outcomes at scale in a unified, standardized, and normalized data set
- 1st to apply machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to EHR-based safety outcomes data
- 1st to develop a CFO-grade harm-related financial ROI model dynamically applicable across a health system collaborative community
- 1st to deploy real-time safety and risk analytics enterprise within a federally certified and fully audited Patient Safety Organization (PSO)
Pascal is based in Washington DC, which facilitates conversations with regulators across many government agencies.
Our leadership team consists of clinical, scientific, technological, and operational experts focused on delivering real, measurable, and impactful results. We have more than 100 years of combined experience researching and developing solutions to improve patient safety, quality, and risk management.
As a federally-certified and successfully audited Patient Safety Organization (PSO), we are dedicated to providing a culture of safety for learning and collaboration in order to advance the field of patient safety and, most importantly, keep patients safe. Our Collaboratives are widely acknowledged to host the development and sharing of best practices in patient safety and quality of the emerging health IT environment, as well as to guide the development of patient safety solutions and directions for the field and for the industry.
If you are interested in learning more or joining our team, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
Subscribe to our blog
Be the first to know when new content is posted.
We respect your privacy.